Hey y’all! It’s only 2 days away from our Texas road trip! So very excited! Get to spend time with family, friends AND I get to have some alone time with my Husband (Make time for Y’ALL time).
My Husband thinks I am CRAZY for packing 5 days early (Which is LATE for me..) but I’ve told him time and time again how useful I find it! SO I’ve put together some how and why’s I believe getting ready for a trip early IS useful!
- When you’ve already got you and your toddler’s bags packed and left on the couch it makes it very easy to throw additional items in as the days get closer (To ensure you don’t forget anything!)
- Begin packing non-perishable food in bins! One for your little and one for y’all up front! *We don’t usually let Hudson have many sweets so we brought new treats he hasn’t really had much of so it’s new, exciting and a special treat!**
- Pack a bin of BRAND new toys your child has never seen or played with *I just went to the Dollar Store and got a few awesome things I believe he’d enjoy!
- Get a list together of what you still need to do/pack/make! *We’re still wanting to eat relatively paleo while our there so we’re going to be making snacks and meals for on the road!*
- Packing early gives you the time to CLEAN your house which is so important before a trip because it’s so much less stressful to come home to a welcoming, clean and fresh house!
- Plan some stuff ahead of time! You don’t want to find yourself really wanting to try something in town only to find it’s all booked or you missed on the chance for a coupon to get it at a better price!
So yes, I DO believe getting ready early is smart! Especially when you have a toddler riding along with you!