We’ve all been through it – Where our budget is a little tighter, especially with the holidays quickly approaching! During these times it’s important to be mindful of spending and try to be as smart with your purchases as possible!
It’s easy to over spend when thinking of loved ones, Which is totally normal, by the way 😉 , but I’ve found some really easy ways to cut the costs without cutting the amazing gifts and decor!
- Buy gifts ahead of time (and hide them, of course) and have an excel sheet that keeps you organized! I start collecting gifts around June/July because we’ve got 3 November birthdays and Christmas quickly after!
- Get your decor and some gifts at the Dollar Store or at Target’s Dollar Section (I’m obsessed with this section…)
- Check on BSTF (Buy, Sell, Trade, Free) pages on Facebook! SO many people giving away their kids now unwanted toys at such discounted prices! (I’ve gotten most of my kids’ gifts from there!)
- Check Craigslist!! SO many people give away awesome free stuff and discounted toys/clothing for adults, kids, and pets!
- My newest found obsession… The Clearance area of Walmart! There are SO many brand new toys that can be up to 70% off!! Things my kids had seen on commercials that are no longer “hot toys” make for exciting gifts!
- Also, check the clearance areas in kid’s clothing! There’s a ton of “out of season” clothes at extremely low prices! *Just make sure to buy a size or two up so they don’t out grow it by the next season! 😉 *
If you cannot tell I’m already SO excited for the holidays and already planning but these are great tips for planning WAY ahead of time or right before!
Happy Holidays y’all!