Hey y’all.. It’s been a long week. It was going really well in the beginning until I came down with food poisoning. From what? No clue. But like those commercials say, parents don’t get sick days. So I’ve been trying to soldier through these miserable past few days and have found one thing that’s been helping a ton – My Purely Inspired Organic Greens Superfood Mix.
I haven’t had much of a desire to eat at all. It all comes back up anyways! But when I do feel a slight pang of hunger I want it to be nutritional so I’ve been making quite a few smoothies with my Multivitamin mix and they’ve been a life saver. But I’ve been really needing something with a little more texture so decided to make fruit strips!! They’re incredible and are exactly what I need – They aren’t heavy enough to upset my stomach but still give me a little bit of solids in there AND I add the Organic Greens to my mixture so that they’re PACKED full of vitamins and nutrients!
They’re perfect for sick days but also for whenever – Especially for the kiddos! Love that I decided to make these cuz they’ll now be a household snack all year round! They weren’t difficult to make at all (If you’ve got a dehydrator 😛 ) Try it for yourself! ↓ ↓
Superfood Fruit Strips
- Set dehydrator to 158°F – I spray my fruit tray with coconut oil non-stick spray just incase.
- I like to use whichever fruit is going bad soonest, the riper they are the sweeter they are, but my favorite mix is banana and strawberries.
- Blend your fruit with a splash of water and a scoop of your Organic Greens mix (You need the mixture to be thick!)
- Now pour your mixture into your trays (The more mixture added to each tray the thicker the strips, we like them either way!)
- Let them dehydrate for 10 hours! It’s a long time but it makes a TON and it’s worth it! I usually do mine overnight so they can sit for a few hours in the dehydrator afterward to finish hardening 🙂
These are healthier alternatives to fruit strips with an added bonus of superfoods and multivitamins! They’ve already done wonders helping my stomach settle – And the kids love them too!
(I am compensated by Purely Inspired with products as an ambassador. However, I did this recipe on my own for the reasons stated above and LOVE it. All opinions/recipes are my own.)