Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Traveling with children is amazing. They get to see and experience life in a whole different way when it’s right in front of them, rather than seeing it on a screen watching other people travel. But packing for them is quite a feat – Which is why I am not covering it in this post – ha! I will in another one, soon, though, promise!
This post is all about Mom/Dad. These are my top 7 travel must haves when it comes to packing. Everyone is different but I know this list will definitely resonate with a few!
1. Eco-Friendly Pill Organizer– I take a few different vitamins and medications so worrying about my basic pill organizer popping open in my checked bag is a real anxiety. This food-grade plastic, cereal shell fiber case is eco-friendly and incredibly safe with it’s double locking feature. The large capacity is amazing for travel and even for having at home.
2. Fitbit Versa 3 – I don’t go anywhere without my Fitbit. It helps me ensure I’m getting the correct amount of steps in, lets me know if I’m getting an important call whilst driving and keeps me up to date with my sleeping / stress habits. The new versa 3 is pretty amazing with all of it’s new software and capabilities!
3. Larq Self Cleaning Water Bottle – This is my favorite water bottle ever. I have a little bit of a water bottle obsession and it has ended with this one. It uses UV-C light to neutralize bacteria in water. That means you could even gather stream water and it’ll disinfect it to make it safe for drinking. That’s survivalist gear at its best! I love this bottle, seriously, and take it with me everywhere. It even has a little carrying sleeve for convenience.
4. American Tourister Luggage – I loveee hardshell luggage bags. I get so anxious that it’ll be crushed or damaged when it’s in the plane’s cargo hold but having a hard-shelled bag makes me feel so much better knowing my souvenirs aren’t getting crushed ;P This bag is cute, has amazing wheels that don’t get caught when you’re trying to wrangle the kids and again, it’s hard-shelled!
5. Samsung Galaxy Pro Buds– Chances are whether you’re taking a flight or going on a road trip, your kids will be watching their tablets in order for you to gain a little bit of your sanity back. If that’s the case pop in some of these amazing ear buds and treat yourself to some self-love with a favorite song, an audio book or that podcast everyone has been talking about.
6. Selfie Stick Tripod– OKAY. Before you start virtually throwing things at me, hear me out… You’re on a trip by yourself with your three kids and you want to take a photo of all of you (cuz you never get photos of yourself with them) but there’s no one around. This tripod holds all types of phones, cameras, and video devices using different heights and angles! It comes equipped with a remote so there’s no running back and forth and then there’s the selfie stick aspect which you don’t have to use if you don’t want to. 😉
7. Hanging Travel Toiletries Bag – I used this on my last trip for the first. time. ever. I have no clue how I made it this long without using one of these. Having your toiletries, medicine, makeup and jewelry in ONE place where your kids cannot reach is a literal GAME CHANGER. If you don’t have one already I highly recommend investing in one. These’ll last you years and you’ll never go back to separate toiletries bags!
What other must haves have you found? I’ll be doing a Kid’s Travel Must Haves soon because that one is a doozy.
Hudson has a new favorite book and when I get hooked on one with him it’s really special because we really enjoy reading them together! His new favorite is Astri The Brave L’il Oysterby Jessica Delagardelle and we LOVE it. It’s so adorable – The art is so unique. Hudson loves how realistic it is (Because a lot of materials went into the making all of the pieces)! He loves his cartoon character books but it seems like he’s able to really relate to the realness of brave little Astri!
Astri teaches all of us (big and small) how important it is to overcome fear and challenges to allow ourselves to accomplish and grow.
She is a tiny, super cute little oyster who encounters some misfortune and although was initially very afraid she musters up the strength to be brave!
Once braver she finds it easier and easier to gain the strength to handle her struggle and in the end brings forth a beautiful pearl.
This story not only teaches our children (and again, ourselves) how powerful it is to be brave and strong but also teaches children where pearls come from (AND how much work it takes to do so – As it is with other things that may require bravery!)
I love this book because it’s teaching such a wonderful message (In so many different ways!) and the art is sounique and beautiful. Hudson constantly grabs it to read at night (And multiple times throughout the day!)
Hey y’all! I found the cutest shop on Amazon that has amazing gifts for your girls for Easter! I’m getting my step-daughter an amazing temporary tattoo kit for her Easter basket and I can’t WAIT! SmitCo LLC has several different diaries with lock and keys and diary sets for girls in Emoji and Diva themes, as well as several different nail art sets to provide hours of fun. They have quality, affordable gifts for girls ages 2 to 12!
A huge hit is the brand new Mermaid themed scrapbook kit as well as 3 unique princess dress up sets which I’d TOTALLY get for her if she was still into dressing up! (They grow up too fast :'( ) SmitCo products also include rose gold, gold or rhodium plated jewelry and sets, as well as very popular stretch sets for little girls – all packed in cute gift boxes! ❥
Find all their great products here: http://amzn.to/2a3d3v8 I’m sure you all can find some or all gifts here for the princesses on your list this Easter!! The Easter bunny is spoiling her this year 😉 And my readers get to save! Get 20% Off Entire Cart Of Gifts! Go to: http://amzn.to/2a3d3v8 and use coupon code N3CQD6AE on checkout!
(I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own)
As I mentioned in a previous post, Hudson has my cursed super sensitive skin – Certain clothes / towels make him break out as well. Some of the dyes just don’t agree with our skin. So I am STOKED about our most recent find! A Premium Baby Hooded Bath Towel – 100% Un-DyedOrganic Cotton Muslin from Luvdbaby!
There are no harmful dyes used at all so your towel is completely hypoallergenic to their new little skin. It’s made of super absorbent multi-layer gauze cotton which is amazing – I always want to use our towels because normally baby towels just do NOT dry well, just kinda move it around.. haha.
It looks so super cute with a little hood with bear ears and so incredibly soft and comfy (It also comes with a little belt which is good for those little boys who love to run around all nakey!) And because cotton grows naturally in it’s brownish color there are no harmful chemicals or dyes in it at all!
They pride themselves on their ‘Cotton Range’ that was conceived to protect our children from harmful chemicals often used to dye baby fabric products (Like all the blues ones I had for Hudson when he was first born!) And it’s the perfect size for a new born to infant stage (34 inch x 34 inch) so I don’t have to worry about the fact that my boy is HUGE (96th percentile!!)
I imagine it would be an amazing gift you could buy in advance of the special day for someone you know as it’s great for boys and girls. Could make it part of your maternity hospital kit or buy it for someone special as a baby shower gift 😉 The towel also comes in a nice cotton bag so it can be stored and put away for next time or for travel, too!
Treat yourself and your precious bundle to the softest cutest kids bath towel on Amazon. Get Yours Today! And My Readers Can Save 20% Off with Promo Code: FIFTHOFF!
(I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own)