There’s a rough cold that’s tearing through our house right now that’s affecting my step-daughter and I a ton. And one savior for our rough sore throats is my Ginger Tea.
I’ve made this stuff for years but until I had children I never realized how quickly it works! I know there’s a ton of people out there with a distaste for ginger like my Husband but this stuff is actually really GOOD and works like a CHARM!
Magical Ginger Tea
1. I use about 1 smallish ginger root per cup of tea. Grate until finely minced (I like mine STRONG so it clears the sore throat and upset tummy! You can switch to 1/2 root per cup if you’d like 🙂 )
2. I usually use the mug I’m using to measure out the amount of water I need and then pour it into a mini-pot.
3. Get the water boiling and throw in the ginger root. Allow the ginger root to steep for around 4-5 minutes. Then strain into mug (The finer the better so you don’t get chunks of ginger in there.. Even though I like mine like that 😉 )
4. Add honey, a little lemon slice (Optional 😉 ) and stir – Drink as soon as temp is tolerable. The warmer the tea the better it feels on your throat!
5. Enjoy!! It’s delicious, good for you AND helpful for some of those pesky cold symptoms.
As y’all know I’ve been struggling with some fatigue for awhile. It comes and goes and I believed it to be a Vitamin C deficiency but have still been super sluggish lately without knowing the reason why, STILL.
When I would wake up in the morning the first thing I would go for is a cup of coffee which in the end left me feeling sick to my stomach and almost just as tired if not more afterward! So I’ve decided to give it up and switch to tea to see if that’ll help at all. And so far, it’s been amazing!
I started drinking Cusa Tea as it’s an instant tea that comes in to-go packets which are so very convenient for a Mom who is always on the go like myself! Not only did I notice my energy levels go up in the mornings but I don’t feel as sluggish afterward and don’t feel dehydrated!
Cusa Tea is a Colorado company based out of Boulder (I love supporting local businesses!) and uses only premium, high-quality teas and fruits without any sugars or artificial gunk you see in other to-go packets in the stores! So I feel great having my toddler have sips! (Cuz you know.. Their stuff is not nearly as delicious as what Mommy is having 😛 )
They have a lovely variety of teas from black, green and oolong tea with varying flavors as well! (So far my favorite is the Mango Green tea! ❥)
I went to a health event recently that said that common coffees could contain Mycotoxins (mold toxins) that could be detrimental to your body especiallyif you’re sensitive to these toxins, but why would you want toxins in your body anyways?!
So I’m sure I’ll have a cup of joe every now and then but after feeling the way I have sticking with Cusa Tea and Stevia (I use Wholesome’s Stevia packets because of the convenience and it’s just straight Stevia leaf extract, no added stuff!) I’m going to keep staying on track with these in the mornings and whenever I need a midday pickup!
Try for yourself and see if switching from coffee to tea helps you with whatever fatigue, foggy-headedness, or grogginess you’re experiencing! You never know what you could use as an alternative to make you feel like new ☀
(I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own)